Stuck minimized icons

Joe Klemmer klemmerj at webtrek.com
Wed May 1 00:39:37 CEST 2002

On Tue, 2002-04-30 at 12:57, Robert Serphillips wrote:

> ok. I'm missing something here. Is it a bug or am I just misconfigured :)

	Call it a buglette.  Or a gnat.  Or a...  Ok, I'll stop.

> It's quite annoying seeing as there's no particular order to where the icons are placed and at times they're put
> in spots that bug me. Maybe I'm just a tad to anal about my desktop but I would really like to know where this comes from.

	Icons generally are put in the corner of the screen that you tell it to
(default upper left) and tend to go from left to right.  Some apps have
an annoying tendency to move the icon when something happens to them
(Evolution drives me nuts with this) but most stay where they are.  More
or less.

> And just to note that this didn't happen before. Before what? Well before it started happening of course. It did just seem to start happening out of the blue, but I can't seem to revert any of the changes I made to cause it to happen.

	If you go to Edscott's site you can d/l an rpm of the CVS (or get a
tar.gz from the XFce site) and upgrade to it.  that will fix the
buglette.

--
Using Linux since 11/91		|		http://www.linux.org
Linux user #29402		|		http://counter.li.org