xterm wont stay put after restart

Edscott Wilson García edscott at imp.mx
Sat Mar 30 14:20:10 CET 2002

On Vie 29 Mar 2002 22:19, Anthony Ewell wrote:
> Hi All,
>
>    I love to run an xterm console window on the lower right side of my
> screen.
> Trouble is, that after I get it all sized the way I like, XFce doesn't
> remember
> either its size or position when I restart XFce.
>
>    Since bash won't let me title my xterm's,  I have to echo
> something to the console to figure out which xterm it is.  Then,
> I repeat the process of positioning and sizing it.
>
>    Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

You could do a "xprop" on the xterm once you have it the way you like it, and
later modify the panel button (or however you start the xterm) with the
geometry argument. I believe it is something like -g a+b+cxd, where (a,b) are
the upper right hand corner of the window and (c,d) is width and height.

Edscott