A question about the mailing list

gardnerj at provide.net gardnerj at provide.net
Fri Mar 22 00:21:09 CET 2002

On 21 Mar 2002 12:35:29 -0500
 Joe Klemmer <klemmerj at webtrek.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2002-03-21 at 12:26, gardnerj at provide.net wrote:
>
> > Since Yahoo is starting to charge for POP and SMTP
>  service,
> >  I've starting switching things over to my ISP mail.
> > I found I had to unsubscribe and resubscribe to do
>  this.
> > Is there anyway of making it so one can just change
>  their
> >  address on the settings page?
>
> 	Not that I know of.  And it wouldn't be something I'd
>  want to enable
> even if it were capable of doing it.

Any particular reason? I mean it's just a matter of doing
 in one step what now takes several. If your worried about
 security, I don't see it. I mean for all practical
 purposes you're just unsubscribing one account and
 subscribing another. Anyone who knows the password can
 already unsubscribe an accout.
Not a really BIG deal anyway. I managed to do it, it just
 would have been nice to be able to enter my new address
 and push the button and be done with it.

Jonathan