Request for XFce Mandrake-rpm Maintainer

Guido Draheim guidod-2002- at gmx.de
Wed Mar 13 00:19:24 CET 2002

they had been investing into too many dead-end projects - to the effect
that they can not properly maintain something as clean and easy as xfce.
While they had changed core parts of the 8.1 distro up to a week before
printing the CDs (so much about "freeze"), many many of the ./contrib/
packages are seriously outdated. I can easily build a -1mdk.spec for
xfce, including the necessary patch for mdk specialities, - but I do not
see a point in it: the cvs rpms run smoothly on my mdk, and *any* other
source rpms (as uploaded to mandkrake) were dumped without any feedback,
so I strongly doubt that mandrake would give even a single penny on
someone being announced new maintainer for xfce at mdk. If you just want
to do the latter in order to put some pressure to the mdk guys, I might
say that this is futile, but anyway, just tell me, and I'll go and upload
a mdk-specific rpm the next day on my sourceforge pages, for reference
- but really, William, I would like to hear what you would make of that.

cheers, guido
p.s. take it, if mandrake can not organize things in a proper way,
spilling money from the IPO, they have to file for bankrupcy after
all, such hard is life but that's how it is.