Request for XFce Mandrake-rpm Maintainer

William Bouterse bill at bouterse.com
Tue Mar 12 20:08:46 CET 2002

Well folks I believe the XFce maintainer for Mandrake has shafted XFce
for th 8.2 release.....

Quoting an anonymous "source"

>.....If I had the access I used to have, I
>would have changed the srpm.  But anyway, Everything is frozen now and
>... is kick it and hope the maintainer next time realizes he
>must either pass the maintenance or do a better job......

 I am very disappointed with the lack of
interest on the part of the "maintainer" who as I mentioned before
a couple of years ago expresesed disdain for XFce....So  what
does one expect!!???

Anyhow Does anyone else on this List with the capability
wish to enter the distro-maintainer wars for the next distro-release !!???
If so let Mandrakesoft know... As Oliver will attest, they jerk things around rpm-wise, but it would be for a "Noble Cause" :o)

Ah, to quote the anonymous source further....
>If that sounds disorganized--well, how do you herd cats?......

Up here we call it "quit activing like a moose's ass"

If I had anything but a modem connect
I would be downloading Sourcerer about now !!!
(But with a dozen copies of Mandrake laying around I'll
be staying with it for awhile, with the
"latest and greatest" Xfce, of course.....)

--
William Bouterse
Talkeetna, Ak.