XFCE in press

Kristian Rink afterimage at gmx.net
Mon Mar 4 09:01:39 CET 2002

> > While I respect KDE and Gnome, is there really any comparison WRT
> > speed?  Let me tell you, on my laptop (64MB RAM) there is simply no
> > contest, and KDE 2.x is simply too slow to be usable.
>
> I have 48MB RAM 150MHz old 586, and I can not even run KDE2 application
> without loooooooooooooooooooooooooong waiting.

I am (sometimes) running KDE 2.2.2 on a PII-350 /w 196 meg RAM, and the
performance ain't what I would call 'really good'. Of course it is a little
faster than KDE 1 or GNOME 1.4 + nautilus, but it's not at all what I want for a
convenient desktop system. Anyhow, having a XFCE that looks like Solaris-CDE,
what do I need KDE for? :]

Cheers,
Kris

http://www.gmx.net