do the samba

Mattias Thuresson mattias.thuresson at mbox300.swipnet.se
Sun Jun 30 18:18:36 CEST 2002

Alexandre Aractingi <aaractingi at libertysurf.fr> wrote:

>And yet another question: is it possible to open files on a samba share
>without downloading them? How?

That is something I've been wondering about too. Since I have turned my
record collection into MP3s and keep them on a different computer,
I would like to have that when I browse files in Samba, I only have to
click on a file to open it. E.g. a click on a txt-file opens nedit, a click
on a pdf-file opens Acroabat Reader and so on. Wouldn't it be possible
to make the files download automagically and then open in
the appropriate program?
If I knew how to program I could do something, but I have spent
my time learning about seashells of the Baltic Sea instead...

Matt.