A few quick questions about setting up xfwmrc

Peter N. Spotts vze3fsd3 at verizon.net
Thu Jun 20 19:11:21 CEST 2002

Folks,

Some of this is "just checking," other items betray my ignorance of
matters Linux:

1. In setting up the colors for active windows: Does xfwm always
override any settings in xfwmrc (GTK engine) or do specifications work?
If the latter, what format should the colors' codes be in -- hex or
decimal? I've tried uncommenting the appropriate lines in the sample
xfwmrc file and specifying colors. All I get are black boxes where the
window framing should be.

2. Is there a way to specify that I want the desktop locked on the
current one? Sometimes when I linger too long at the edge, I wind up
shifting to another desktop. All the more complicated "return"
combinations when layering is taken into account!

3. How can I (or can I at all) get my selected backdrop to display
automatically in -noxfce? I've tried placing an exec xfbd command at
various locations in initrc, to no avail. I end up loading it manually
after xfwm has started.

Thanks for your help,

Pete

--