WP 8.0 and xfwm

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Jun 2 05:09:25 CEST 2002

On Sat, 1 Jun 2002, Patrick Wiseman wrote:

> Thanks for the suggestion - I already use AbiWord to decipher Word
> documents which some people insist on sending me :) - but I need to have a
> functional WP, since it still enjoys a 66% share of the legal market (it's
> hardly "dead").

  Who supports it now or develops for it? I'm not being sarcastic, I'm
asking seriously. I spent a fruitless half-hour searching google to see what
vendor has picked it up since Corel dropped it. I was even considering
upgrading to WP9 or whatever it's called so I could keep using it. I could
find nothing. No retail vendors selling it, no sight of a company behind it.
That's why I call it dead.

  I started with WP when the company in Provo was Satellite Software
International (version 4.0 for DOS). Over the years I got to know them all
pretty well. It did everything I needed to do, and it did them all very
well. Only Noto Bene (an academic word processor that cost a bundle) was up
there with them. Too bad they failed as they did.

  Anyway, as long as your copies keep running you'll be fine. But, if you
have a problem, I hope you have better luck at finding support than I did.

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President

                       Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
 + 1 503-667-4517 (voice) | + 1 503-667-8863 (fax) | rshepard at appl-ecosys.com