glib2 and gtk2

Collins erichey2 at attbi.com
Tue Jul 30 01:37:51 CEST 2002

On Mon, 29 Jul 2002 10:43:13 -0700 "Net Llama!"
<netllama at linux-sxs.org> wrote:
> Actually, i should have mentioned that i tried the RedHat SRPMs
> first, and they failed in the same way, so i figured something else
> might work.
>
> Jasper Huijsmans wrote:
> > Get rid of the ximian rpm. Use one from redhat or ftp.gnome.org.
> > Or build from source (there's a spec file in there as well I
> > think).
> >
> > Jasper
> >
> > On Sun, 28 Jul 2002 18:35:35 -0700
> > "Net Llama!" <netllama at linux-sxs.org> wrote:
> >

> >>I'm using the latest stable version, 0.12.

> >everything>>

> ><netllama at linux-sxs.org>>>

> >apologize>>
> >so>>that I>can give xfce4 a whirl.  Unfortunately, its not going
> >too>>well.>

> >gtk2),>>>both bomb out like this:

> >incorrectly>>>installed.

> >glib,>>and>seein only the 1.2.10 version, since the glib2 version
> >is>>registered as>'glib2-2.0.6' rather than glib-2.0.6'.  However i
> >just>>don't know how to>force it to seeing the correct version.

Final recommendation, since that's what's on my system - fetch the
virgin source tarballs for the releases I've listed and install them.
The SRPMs have probably done something non standard.

--
Collins Richey - Denver Area - WWTLRD?
gentoo(since 01/01/01) kernel 2.4.18+(ext3)