Desktop panning and a nitpick (was Re: How do I disable/modify desktop panning?)

Jasper Huijsmans huysmans at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Jul 26 17:20:28 CEST 2002

Hi Ben,

On 26 Jul 2002 11:04:52 -0400
Ben Hall <bhall at chat.carleton.ca> wrote:

> Do you know if there's a way to control how it pans?  I don't use the
> pager anymore, and it always seems counter-intuitive that it goes from
> desktop 1 to 3 when I pan right.  Counter-intuitive because the Xfce
> panel now shows the desktops in order (One Two Three Four.)

My guess is this is behaviour from before the 'Small' size was added to
the panel and was never changed. Perhaps it's CDE-like behaviour. There
are people on this list who should know the answer to that (Joe ?).

[ SKIP feeble attempt at finding fault with xfce ;-) ]

> compliant WM, I thought this made a fair amount of sense.  Perhaps
> simply "Are you sure you want to log off?" might be a more appropriate
> text these days.

Possibly also a left-over from the days that xfce was only an add-on
panel (xfce 1 ?).

I wonder if it is possible to know if the panel is the
'session-controlling' app (I don't know how this is called)?

Jasper