Taskbar and similar tasks

Staszyszyn, Marcin mstaszyszyn at heiler.com
Thu Jul 25 09:40:47 CEST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mattias Thuresson" <mattias.thuresson at mbox300.swipnet.se>
To: <xfce at moongroup.com>
Sent: Wednesday, July 24, 2002 5:08 PM
Subject: Taskbar and similar tasks

> I'm using XFCe with the taskbar enabled. I know it's quite
> new but is there a way I can make a program I use not to
> appear in the taskbar? I'm thinking of XMMS, who really is
> three programs: the main program, the playlist and the equalizer.
> When I use XMMS it appears three times in the taskbar, which
> really is unneccesary.

You have severar possibilities to disable appearing of window on taskbar:
1. set WindowListSkip flag for that window in your $HOME/.xfce/xfwmrc file
(see http://www.xfce.org/help/html/adv-wm-style.html). Make also sure you do
NOT have 'Option NO_WindowListSkip' in your $HOME/.xfce/taskbarrc file
2. use 'Taskjar' option in your 'taskbarrc' file. It automatically moves all
windows matching given pattern to 'taskjar' (rightmost small button on
taskbar). I think it's better than using WindowListSkip, because it affects
only taskbar and you still have access to that window (through taskjar).
Example of 'Taskjar' option is
 Taskjar xmms
or
 Taskjar xmm*

for additional information concerning taskbar see docs/taskbar.txt
Have a nice day
Marcin