eazel-engine

Jack Coates jack at monkeynoodle.org
Mon Jul 22 16:09:54 CEST 2002

On Mon, 2002-07-22 at 07:19, Jasper Huijsmans wrote:
> At 06:58 AM 7/22/02 -0700, you wrote:
> >I know it's been discussed before, but let me reiterate:
> >
> >Do not select the eazel gtk engine. Not even by accident. It will hose
> >your XFce configuration.
> >
> >To get XFce working again, delete this file (can't remeber if I got
> >spelling and punctuation right: ~/.xfce/temp.gtkrcxfce. You may also
> >need to delete or move ~/.gtkrc.
>
> You could also edit it and replace 'engine "eazel" {}' with
> 'engine "xfce " {}' or something. Can't remember the exact syntax, but
> it's something like this.
>
> Jasper

I tried doing that in ~/.gtkrc, but it didn't work (the error was
something about first line after engine needs to be standard or
something). I didn't realize I was supposed to be editing
~/.xfce/temp.gtkrcxfce).

> >And then it's back to the long, ugly job of finding a gtk theme, an XFce
> >theme, an xfwm theme, and a gkrellm theme that look good together. I
> >think this time I'll write down my choices :-)

A Mozilla-modern theme with Linea and BlueX seems to look alright...

--
Jack Coates
Monkeynoodle: A Scientific Venture...