What about a donation page for Xfce ?

Jasper Huijsmans huysmans at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Jul 18 16:55:30 CEST 2002

On Thu, 2002-07-18 at 03:16, Olivier Fourdan wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been thinking of a donation page for Xfce. Note that this would
> *not* be for paying *me* or other developpers, but rather for the
> costs like site registration and various hardware needs.

Actually, someone _should_ hire you to work on xfce full time ;-)

> Xfce is free software and will remain so. Donations would not be
> requested, just maybe suggested.
>
> What do you think ?

> PS: Do you know how this can be acheived, I mean should we use paypal,
> or something else ? I've never done that before, so I'm wondering...

I don't know anything about this, but I also don't see anything wrong
with
it. We just have to make sure we show our gratitude towards any donors
and
we show where the money goes. Do you have anything in mind to use
donations
for?

greetings,
	Jasper