Mad Dog w/Radeon 7000 looses signal

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Sun Jul 7 22:11:09 CEST 2002

Jay,

I'm not very at ease with such problem reports because I would tend to
say it's a driver problem (a quick search on google shows that the
radeon driver has its problems too). I don't want to claim "it's not
xfce, it's xfree", but the fact is that it's my first time I get such
report.

As for gnome not showing the problem, it's not unusual that developpers
use different ways to acheive the same goal. There is not only way to do
things. The way xfce does thing *might* show a problem in the driver.

Of course all this is just a guess, as I have no clue ;-)

There are 2 branches of xfce, the devel and the stable. The stable is
for xfce3 while the devel branch is for xfce4. If you want to download
xfwm4, you can get it from xfce.sf.net (both tarballs or rpm)

However xfwm4 is still under developpment and I doubt it will fit your
need with xfce v3.

Cheers,
Olivier