keyboard swithching under xfce

Horn Gábor Horn.Gabor at aktiv.co.hu
Sun Jul 7 15:26:23 CEST 2002

Hi MaT!

Firs, thanks for your help!

> I've made this ase a separate menu with nice keyboard icon on it and
> two items there:
>
> setxkbmap us
> setxkbmap cz_qwerty

unfrtunatelly now as i could set a permanent taskbar, i don't use panel.
I launch progs w/ gkrellm or left click menu, and use gkrellms to
display time, so i no longer need the panel :)

> And how much time it took...  Then I've found that in the second
> driver, there is implanted switching to US keyboard by pressing
> "Scroll lock" so this menu is now useless for me... But maybe it can
> help you and it is still faster than writing it to term... And in the
> beginning, i could not remember something like "setxkbmap"... :-)))

Hm what's this "second driver" exactly?

> You also can use some keybingins for that - as some others wrote - I
> made the menu when I was trying to solve this problem, maybe I'm too
> spoilt from using Windoze for such a long time. :o)

I couldn't get it work too :( To tell the truth i haven't time to rtfm
yet, and i'm sure i can figure it out from there, but maybe somebody
could provide that magic line which i have to put to xfvmrc and which
enables me to switch w/ left-alt left-shift between the 2 languages?..
(hu and us) :)

bye, hirisov

ps.: MaT Prague rules, U Fleku is one of the best pubs i've ever been :)