filmanagers

Kristian Rink afterimage at gmx.net
Thu Jul 4 17:40:13 CEST 2002

On Thu, 4 Jul 2002 08:07:49 -0600
Collins <erichey2 at attbi.com> wrote:

> I'm sorry to hear that.  I run a machine that is high-spec enough
> to run anything, but I, unlike you, have not found anything in kde
> that I cannot do without.  Gnome I tolerate because of galeon -
> the best of the browsers (IMO).  I use a gui file manager so

Actually, galeon is one of the few graphical browsers I am using
right now, besides dillo, but I really wanted to know why just the
GNOME guys didn't take a chance to create their own web-browser
instead of just relying on the mozilla core - at least, I've been
running mozilla ever since the very first releases after becoming
open-source and I always felt that even while it ain't too bad as a
piece of software, it wouldn't be too good to have other software
relying on this one. Actually, one of the _few_ reasons I could
accept for running KDE is the availability of konqueror and the
khtml stuff which IMHO is, as a web browser, a lot better than most
of the stuff GNOME has, about this.

Cheers,
Kris

--
Savour what you feel and   ][  Kristian Rink
what you see - things that ][  irc:: irc.sorcery.net (kristian)