filmanagers

Jasper Huijsmans j.b.huijsmans at hetnet.nl
Thu Jul 4 15:13:09 CEST 2002

Hi,

That's a nice write-up you did!

Maybe a third type or a subtype of (1) is the
'explorer-without-a-tree-sidebar'. ROX Filer is an example of that although
its use of the minibuffer makes it a very advanced tool more like the
commander-type file managers.

At 02:46 PM 7/4/02 +0200, you wrote:
[...]

>Can i ask what u use as a wincommander clone
>under linux please (except mc :)? As i saw there're plenty on
>freshmeat.net but all of them knows the same and a bit ugly. Oh we have
>a tool called 'krusader' that's not bad, but (as almost all kde apps)
>sloooow :(

I once used emelfm for a while. It's nice and small, although I didn't like
the buttons  between the two panes (instead of at the bottom). And I'm not
sure it had icons at all.

Jasper