Vote for XFce

Biju Chacko botsie at myrealbox.com
Thu Jul 4 06:37:03 CEST 2002

On Wed, 3 Jul 2002 08:17:06 -0400 (EDT), Joe Klemmer wrote:

> 	Yeah, but nothing we can do about that.  More importantly, I
> 	wish
> they'd have emphasize that the vote was for the distro and WM.DE that
> you_USE_ most and not the one you _LIKE_ most.  I read a couple of
> comments where people said they used XX and YY most but voted for AA
> and BB because they liked them more.  I could have shot the guy who
> said in a comment that he used Slack and XFce all the time but voted
> for Gentoo and IceWM because he liked them better.

I can understand that. I prefer another WM to XFce mostly because I can
configure it to work *exactly* how I want it. Unfortunately, that takes
time which I often do not have. XFce is nice and usable right out of the
box and is lightweight enough for my taste. So I find myself using it
most of the time. In the real world, I guess that is what counts.

To continue the automotive analogy: I may drool over Porsche's, but I
drive a Maruti (Suzuki).

-- Biju