Vote for XFce

Kristian Rink afterimage at gmx.net
Wed Jul 3 23:35:47 CEST 2002

On Wed, 3 Jul 2002 12:48:13 -0400 (EDT)
Joe Klemmer <klemmerj at webtrek.com> wrote:

> management usage.  Every so often I use xftree (when I remember
> it's there) and it is nice but since 99% of my time is spent in
> one (of many) xterms it's just as easy to type "mc" and go than to

Indeed, same here, though I am more often using rox / xftree for
some more special file handling needs (especially the rox image
preview is helpful when sorting huge amounts of pictures from
digi-cam, webcam and scanner). Besides this, there's a lot of things
just way more easier being done with mc (or with a bash) as
filemanager than possibly with a gui-based tool. And... yes, it's
easier to be started while working in a terminal-emulator. :))

> - --
> Attention all planets of the Solar Federation.
> We have assumed control.
Rush? 2112?

Cheers,
Kris

--
Savour what you feel and   ][  Kristian Rink
what you see - things that ][  irc:: irc.sorcery.net (kristian)