Vote for XFce

Paulo Roberto nirv199 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 3 15:27:12 CEST 2002

--- Joe Klemmer <klemmerj at webtrek.com> wrote:
> they liked them more.  I could have shot the guy who said in a
> comment
> that he used Slack and XFce all the time but voted for Gentoo and
> IceWM
> because he liked them better.

:))

I guess there are more slackers than I thought... but I cannot believe
a true slack user voting for Gentoo. (Unforntunately I also read that
guy's comment...)

I thought interesting the comment about which wm you most like or most
use. Technicaly, you *should* use the one you most like. But I guess
some people like Lamborghinis but drives Ferraris...(or vice versa!).

I used to use KDE, and I never heard about XFCE untill it was put in
slack 8.1beta. I enjoyed it *very* much and installed it on a few "low
spec" machines that I did not install any wm previosly because no wm
would run nicely on them. After using it daily on my servers (I am one
of those persons who puts about 15 vt on the screen) I finally decided
to drop KDE at my home desktop, cause you got so used to XFCE running
so damn smoothly and fast, I consider a sin running KDE again.

Paulo