debian package

Neal linuxer at ptd.net
Wed Jul 3 02:14:35 CEST 2002

On Tue, 02 Jul 2002 18:58:42 -0400
kanyon12 at netscape.net wrote:

> Hello,
> I'm having a little bit of trouble with the debian package. After a
> "startxfce", only part of xfce comes up - the configurable panel at
> the bottom does not show up, only a small block in the lower right
> hand corner for logging out. Am I missing something? The Redhat
> package ran like a charm.

Which debian package do you have installed?  3.8.12 from woody or 3.8.16
from sid?  There is no other window manager running besies xfwm?  Does
gnome or some other wm run properly?

I switched from RedHat to debian just two weeks ago.  Both the woody and
the sid packages worked fine.  I prefer to have the latest from cvs so I
build 3.8.18 every week or so.

--
Neal
Registered Linux User #159445, Libranet Linux 2.0/ext3/XFce