xfce4 is some neat stuff

manny rosa manny_robot_freak at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 30 22:30:02 CET 2002

I just tried it recently and It looks good! I Run
Gentoo and prefer to use portage to install programs
so I installed it safely within my home directory. It
was a bit tricky cause I had to manipulate environment
variable s in order for configure to find libraries
and such, then I tested it within Xnest. Who knew you
could test a window manager within another! Maybe I
missed something but most on the menus on the panel
were empty. I hope there will be a script to convert
xfce3 settings (if it applies) to xfce4. By the way,
is anyone working on a gentoo ebuild? I'm thinking
about attempting it but I don't want to duplicate any work.