GTK2

Chris Meyers kedeshkahuna at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 30 16:50:18 CET 2002

I'm extremely disappointed in gtk2. Although it looks
better and seems to have better features, it's the
slowes t thing I've used yet. I'm using a P-266 with
160mb of ram and gedit runs so slowly, I had to switch
to kate. I've noticed the same thing from all apps I
use that have upgraded to gtk2. By contrast, kde3
seems faster and more usable than kde2. What gives? If
xfce migrates to gtk2, won't it just pick up that same
bulk and slowness? What's the point of a lightweight
desktop built on a slow, bulky gtk2?