xfce no root window?

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at moongroup.com
Mon Dec 30 08:54:06 CET 2002

On Sun, 29 Dec 2002 13:58:26 -0500 (EST)
Chuck Mead <csm at MoonGroup.com> wrote:

> JH>Small correction: only put '&' after xfdeskmenu. The other programs
> JH>run in the background by themselves. Especially the
> JH>xfce-mcs-manager and xfwm4 first do their required initialization
> JH>and then go into daemon mode so it's important not to use the '&'.
>
> This has not worked for me... the only config that has worked is this
> one:
>
> exec xfwm4 &
> exec xfce-mcs-manager &
> exec xfbd4 &
> exec xfmouse4 &
> exec xftaskbar4 &
> exec xfce4 &
> exec xfdeskmenu

Now this is a weird-looking config with all them exec's. If xfwm
doesn't go into daemon mode, it is not the latest version (which is
even stranger since you use my lunar modules which pull from CVS).

This should really work:

xfce-mcs-manager
xfwm4
xfbd4
xfmouse4
xfce4 &
exec xfdeskmenu -button=1

> - --
> csm
>
> I am not a curmudgeon! No... really...

IRC channel: #xfce on irc.openprojects.net