XFCE with MWM

Joe Klemmer klemmerj at webtrek.com
Thu Dec 26 00:23:31 CET 2002

On Wed, 2002-12-25 at 14:27, Justin Zygmont wrote:

> > 	xfwm+XFce can look like mwm and also CDE.  My setup is very CDE-like.
> > I've been able to fool a number of the other *NIX admins with it.
>
> what, I used CDE before and it supported virtual desktops...  you got xfwm
> that close, I couldn't get it to do that..

	CDE does not use mwm for it's window manager, which is why it can do
virtual desktops.  As for getting XFce to look like CDE you can do it
like this -

In Setup -> Palette choose the GTK theme engine "notif"

In Setup -> Windows choose Window border style "Mofit"

For a backdrop you can use "XfceStellar.xpm"

This will get things close enough for you to tweak into submission.

--
"Khaaaaamaaayyyy, Haaaaamaaaayyyy, HAAAAAAAAA!!!!!"
                -- Goku, 'Dragon Ball'