Non-XFCE question...

Heiko Berges hb-mlist+xfce at bsls.de
Thu Dec 19 16:29:48 CET 2002

On Thu, Dec 19, 2002 at 08:37:08AM -0600, Philip Dean wrote:

[line length adjusted]
> 1.  Does anyone know how the REMOTEHOST and REMOTEUSER is set
> when you do a rlogin to linux?  Is there a system script or
> something like that.

This question is almost impossible to answer.  rlogind is not
required to export these variables, but some versions do set
$REMOTEHOST.  If you use tcsh tcsh sets $REMOTEHOST.  Some
internetservers can set environment variables (eg. xinetd or
tcpserver), but others doesn't.  Last but not least it could
be in any of your profiles.

The easiest way is to avoid those variables completely.

> 2.  Does 3.8.18 that comes with Mandrake 9 usable, or will I still
> need to rebuild it from source?  I am looking at upgrading

Sorry, no idea, I am still using SuSE 6.1.

	Heiko