yet another icon question

Jack Coates jack at monkeynoodle.org
Mon Dec 16 05:19:37 CET 2002

Finally getting tired of looking at gear icons for stuff I use all the
time...

I have launcher buttons defined for machines I use a lot like so:
aterm -title Machine -name Machine --transparent -fg grey -tint green
+sb --shading 40 -e ssh -l username machine

I also have a basic "open a terminal" button like so:
aterm --transparent -fg grey -tint blue +sb --shading 40

My basic open a terminal button iconifies correctly as a
CheckMarkMonitor with the word "aterm" under it.

My SSH windows iconify as gear icons with the word "ssh" under them --
the title and name flags only take effect in the title bar of the aterm.

I've edited ~/.xfce/.xfwmrc like so:
Style "ssh"	icon "/usr/X11R6/share/xfce/icons/CheckMarkMonitor.xpm"

with no effect. Interestingly enough, these don't have any effect either
(both apps iconify as Gears:
Style "*gtk-gnutella*"  icon "/usr/X11R6/share/xfce/icons/gnutella.png"
Style "*GnuCash*"   icon "/usr/share/pixmaps/gnucash/one-euro.png"

editres says it can't get a tree from aterm... where to next?
--
Jack Coates
Monkeynoodle: A Scientific Venture...