Redhat 8.0, Gnome and Kde Menus...

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at moongroup.com
Thu Dec 12 19:52:15 CET 2002

My guess is redhat 8 uses the new vfolder menu specification that is
currently being discussed at freedesktop.org. It uses an xml file to
describe the menu hierarchy and puts all .desktop files in
/usr/share/applications.

xfmenu does not understand this menu system and only picks up 'old' menu
files that are still in the old location.

Unless somebody decides to find out how to use this new menu system and
write code for it, xfmenu will not properly read newer gnome menus.

	Jasper

On Thu, 12 Dec 2002
10:02:25-0800"Brian Fallis" <formula_one99 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Has anyone noticed that the menus Gnome and Kde don't get converted
> properly when running XFCE with RedHat 8.0.  It seems the location of
> the menus has changed and xfmenu only picks up some of them.
>
> Olivier, are you aware of this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> ..Brian

IRC channel: #xfce on irc.openprojects.net