The GIMP and xfce

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Wed Dec 4 16:36:47 CET 2002

Carol,

You cannot specify the button layout per application (ie, it's not a "Style")

The application itself can however use Motif hints to hide some decoration
buttons (although I don't remember how xfwm version 3.x will honor this)

Cheers,
Olivier.

Quoting Carol Spears <cspears at cablespeed.com>:

> i am trying to get a handle on my gimp and my window buttons. i am
> trying to limit gimp buttons to only the far right one and the far
> left
> one.  here is a screenshot of what i am talking about:
> http://carol.gimp.org/toolbox.png
> i had to doctor the screenshot for this page:
> http://carol.gimp.org/missing.html
>
> this is the last style that failed:
> Style "The GIMP" ShowButtons Left 1, ShowButtons Right 1
> Style "*GIMP"    ShowButtons Left 1, ShowButtons Right 1
> (they are both there)
>
> is there something i should do differently?
>
> carol

XFce is a lightweight  desktop  environment  for  various *NIX systems.
Designed for productivity,  it loads  and  executes  applications fast,
while conserving  system resources. XFce is all free software, released
under GNU General Public License.    Available from http://www.xfce.org