adjusting fontsize in xterm

LiNuCe linuce at free.fr
Thu Aug 29 11:22:39 CEST 2002

Joe Klemmer <klemmerj at webtrek.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 2002-08-25 at 16:52, Anthony Ewell wrote:
>
> > > Now, where to adjuste fontsize of XFCE- Xterm to increase the
> > > readability of my postings !? The fonts should be appear in "
> > > large" or "very large" size !
> >
> > You can set your xterm defaults in .Xresources (formerly
> > .Xdefaults). You can also over ride you defaults with the "-fn"
> >  switch. That is,
>
> If you're running a real, old-fashioned xterm you can use the Crtl and
> mouse click to change settings.  Crtl-RightClick will let you choose
> the font you like.

There are other possibilities that avoid to use the mouse :
- <SHIFT> + <+> (on the keypad) to increase font size on the fly
- <SHIFT> + <-> (on the keypad) to decrease font size on the fly

If these do not work, adding a "XTerm*shiftFonts : true" line in the
.Xresources/.Xdefaults file should enable them, but they should already
be enabled by default. These shortcuts work in RXVT too (and probably
with other good X terminal based on RXVT - a light XTERM).

--
LiNuCe !
"All the chidlren are insane"