3.8.18 rollout?

edscott wilson garcia edscott at imp.mx
Tue Aug 20 15:39:10 CEST 2002

On Tue, 2002-08-20 at 08:12, Biju Chacko wrote:
> Olivier,
>
> Any plans for releasing 3.8.18 anytime soon? I think it's a little
> overdue.

This time lapse has allowed me to pinpoint several bugs in xftree which
should be fixed for a release (and also before starting xftree2):
1- The dialog routines has a memory leak somewhere which causes xftree
to crash sometimes.
2- On move/copy fail xftree hangs (only on FreeBSD). Since it opens a
dialog when this happens, it might be related to 1.
3- The "filter" option is useless on nfs mounted volumes.

I can live with these faults, but I will find time to fix them for a
release. (Other stuff pending for xftree are enhancements which are
applicable to xftree2).

Edscott