Inhibit Window Raise

Net Llama! netllama at linux-sxs.org
Thu Aug 15 22:17:08 CEST 2002

On 15 Aug 2002, Joe Klemmer wrote:
> On Thu, 2002-08-15 at 16:07, Glenn Scherb wrote:
>
> > Is it possible to prevent a window from raising to the top when the area
> > other than the border or title bar is clicked?  I'd like the active
> > window to remain in the background so I can type on it, but still have
> > some smaller windows lying on top.  I can set up other window managers
> > to behave that way, but I haven't found a way to do that with xfwm.
>
> 	Turn off "Auto raise" in Setup -> Windows.  Personally I run with
> "Click to focus" off and "Auto raise" on but if you switch those you
> should get what you want.

At least for me, this doesn't do what Glenn is requesting.  What i think
he means is that even when a window is sitting in the background, clicking
anywhere in that window, other than the title bar will not result in the
window being raised.

Lonni J Friedman				netllama at linux-sxs.org
Linux Step-by-step & TyGeMo		     http://netllama.ipfox.com