hampered keyboard configuration under XFCE 3.8.16

thomas schönhoff thomas.schoenhoff at uni-bielefeld.de
Wed Aug 14 10:27:08 CEST 2002

Hello all,

using XFCE 3.8.16 on a daily basis on my RH 7.2 box last
months raised a (possibly) simple question !

Keyboard preferences under Gnome 1.4.1, KDE 2.2.2, XFree86
4.1.0-25 work really fine, but now I have noticed that there
is a problem with some keys under XFCE!
I can not use the key (Alt Gr, it is the second META key on
the right side of the keyboard) @ ( userlogin @ domain).

As far as I can see (though, maybe not far enough :-) ) my
existing key preferences are working properly with KDE and
Gnome, but refuse to comply with XFCE. So I unsuccessfully
read the shipped docs and browsed the mail archives!

Now here is my question:

Why don't my ordinary keyboard preferences work with XFCE
and how to manage this problem!

Many thanks in advance

Thomas