which is the ppp app for xfce?

Richard Holt rholt at telcel.net.ve
Tue Aug 6 16:47:57 CEST 2002

On Tue,  6 Aug 2002 10:41:43 -0400 (EDT), Kristian Rink
<afterimage at gmx.net> wrote:

> On Tue, 6 Aug 2002 10:29:44 -0400
> Richard Holt <rholt at telcel.net.ve> wrote:
>
> > Newbie question:
> > Which ppp app should be used to allow pop3 connections?
>
> Hmmmm.... If you need a ppp dialer, you probably might want to look at
> what software the distro of your choice comes with (i.e., I am using
> Debian here, launching my dialup connections using "pon
> <providername>"). You might check xisp, gkdial (that's what I probably
> would use in xfce), kppp or some similar GUI-based ppp dialer
> front-ends to find something that fits your needs. Anyhow and, if
> _that_ is what you are looking for, I don't see your problem about
> using pop3 - get yourself a good e-mail client (sylpheed, mutt, kmail
> or whatever comes to your mind), set it up properly to be able to
> connect to your providers' pop3 server - et voila!

Should have mentioned mandrake81. Using Sylpheed. Just didn't want to
have to load kppp and didn't know what to look for.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll try some of these mentioned.
Richard.

http://es.openoffice.org -//- Servicios GO-TRO,ca v/f:0265-641-0003