Backdrops in .xpm format

Neal Haslam linuxer at ptd.net
Thu Aug 1 03:20:16 CEST 2002

On Wed, 31 Jul 2002 17:47:54 -0700 (PDT)
Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:

>   I've a question about producing an image in .xpm format for use as a
> backdrop in xfce-3.8.18.
>
>   There are a couple of .jpg files I'd like to try out as backdrops,
>   so I
> convert them (both with 'convert' and The GIMP). But, they lose all
> color when viewed in The GIMP and don't look like anything in the xfce
> backdrop preview window.
>
>   Any ideas what I'm doing wrong here? I can no longer use the jpeg
>   format
> for backdrops so I'd like to learn how to properly convert them to
> xpm.

Rich,
If you can't get the .xpm to work.  You can still use them as .jpg.
Those great images of penguins are all .jpg format and they are
fantastic on my 1280x1024 screen... especially the 'drink box xp' image.
:)

--
Neal
Registered Linux User #159445, Libranet Linux 2.0/ext3/XFce