Backdrops in .xpm format

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Aug 1 02:32:04 CEST 2002

  I've a question about producing an image in .xpm format for use as a
backdrop in xfce-3.8.18.

  There are a couple of .jpg files I'd like to try out as backdrops, so I
convert them (both with 'convert' and The GIMP). But, they lose all color
when viewed in The GIMP and don't look like anything in the xfce backdrop
preview window.

  Any ideas what I'm doing wrong here? I can no longer use the jpeg format
for backdrops so I'd like to learn how to properly convert them to xpm.

Thanks,

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President

                       Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)