launcher feedback?

Kristian Rink afterimage at gmx.net
Thu Apr 25 21:45:06 CEST 2002

Hello all,...

...back here after some time, trying to get my girlfriend to get used
both with computers and with GNU/Linux / xfce, there's one question I
would ask, here. Basically, the problem I have seen here is that
sometimes any button from the xfce panel is clicked, excepting a
reaction, and then, while nothing happens, is clicked again and again
until finally some program window seems to appear. As we all know, some
programs take quite some time to start up, especially Netscape or
Mozilla on a P-166 machine with quite few ram. :] Anyhow: Seeing how
things are done in KDE or GNOME, is there any way to, in xfce, have a
feedback whenever a program is started by clicking an icon that the
program actually *is* starting and that there is no need to start it
again? Is there any X-only based program that serves this purpose (I
don't want to use the xalf from GNOME right for that)? Can anyone give
me a hint on that? :)

TIA, have a nice weekend everyone!
Cheers,
Kris