Option question

Jasper Huijsmans j.b.huijsmans at hetnet.nl
Thu Apr 25 16:57:13 CEST 2002

At 04:39 PM 4/25/02, you wrote:
>On Thu, 25 Apr 2002, Jasper Huijsmans wrote:
>
> > I'm afraid its either on or off. No configuration possible. Basically what
> > happens is that xfce translates the palet colors to a set of x resource
> > lines and merges those with the existing configuration. This is a fixed set
> > of rules, somewhere in the code. Of course it isn't suposed to generate
> > white on white text.
>
>   Thank you, Jasper. My follow up question (which may not be appropriate to
>this list) is how those colors are assigned to different applications.
>Perhaps I need to dig into how X uses color resources.

I'm not completely sure what you're asking here, but I'm pretty sure I
don't know the answer ;-) If you want to know how xfce translates palet
colors to x resources, you will have to look at the source (somewhere in
the xfce/ subdir, the function is called apply_to_all(), I think).

>   What I would like to do, fairly easily if possible, is understand to what
>aspects of the display each palette setting color is applied. I notice that
>as I select different theme engines, the perceived role of each button
>changes.

Yes, that's true and this also depends on whether you compiled with
old-style or not. Olivier once explained it to someone I think. Maybe you
can find it in the archives on moongroup.com. Maybe it was on the xfce-dev
list.