xfskin

H.R. ter Veer terveer at subdimension.com
Wed Apr 24 08:55:07 CEST 2002

On Tue, 23 Apr 2002 20:54:56 -0700 (PDT)
Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:

>   Thanks to Joe Klemmer I am now aware of xfskin, and it should do just what
> I want. That is, permit me to customize the window borders to regain the
> appearance I had before. So far, so good.
xfskin does nothing else than to allow you to store your current
desktop configuration in a 'skin', ore restore another one.

>   I read the man page. Went looking on theme.org for some starting points,
> but they emptied the till: all themes are of zero bytes. Not much to work
> with there. So I tried to create my own. Must be doing something wrong.
themes.org is dead :-(
At the moment we share skins at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/xfskin

>   I get the dialog box for name of the theme/skin and author's name. It
> defaults to a crafty 0.2.3 version number. I press the "OK" botton and the
> dialog box sits there and looks back at me. We stare at each other for a
> while, and I try clicking the "OK" button again. Nada.
How about filling something in there? : When you make a skin:
-skin name
-author name
-at least one comment line
are required

I wrote i small intructions set on this list a while ago, please look in the archives

>   Rather difficult to play around and see if I can put content in the holes
> of the man page when I can't close the initial dialog box. I assume it's
> user error, so if any of you have gone through this exercise before, please
> suggest what I need to do.
yep, guess it is. I might pick up a line in the man page saying 'if you make a skin,
give it a name', though most people figured that out themselves.