Themes?

H.R. ter Veer terveer at subdimension.com
Wed Apr 24 08:30:44 CEST 2002

On Mon, 22 Apr 2002 09:18:03 -0700 (PDT)
Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 22 Apr 2002, H.R. ter Veer wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 19 Apr 2002 10:49:19 -0700 (PDT)
> >
> > If you compare the pictures (don't look at the colors yet) you'll note two
> > kind of differences:
>
> > 1) the button styles: this is done with the thinice/xfce theme resp. set
> > in the Palette TAB (see img)
>
>   The only difference *I* see in the buttons is that 'thinice' has a
> different colored corner in what I assume to be the default button (if
> [Enter] is pressed).

That's right! For the ones with good eyes: also the checkbuttons & scrollbars are different.
The change looks subtile in the setup dialog, but when using apps like sylpheed you'll notice it better.

>   I see that the window border/frame buttons are all 3D and I cannot get
> that appearance on my desktop since Friday when I upgraded from 3.7.1 to
> 3.8.16. Perhaps someone can give me the syntax to put into
> /etc/X11/xfce/xfwmrc to regain this appearance.
AFAIK from 3.8.15? xfce default uses the Linea borderstyle, which is quite flat.
See your Setup/Windows/Window borderstyle for details. If you select XFCE here, you should be OK.

> > 2) the border styles: this is done with the gtk/trench theme resp. set in
> > the Windows TAB.
>
>   Those differences must be very subtle. I cannot see them on my 19" monitor
> in 1124x768x24 pixel mode.
Hey, my monitor might be 17", but the res. is the same, and i notice diff.