xfskin

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Apr 24 05:54:56 CEST 2002

  Thanks to Joe Klemmer I am now aware of xfskin, and it should do just what
I want. That is, permit me to customize the window borders to regain the
appearance I had before. So far, so good.

  I read the man page. Went looking on theme.org for some starting points,
but they emptied the till: all themes are of zero bytes. Not much to work
with there. So I tried to create my own. Must be doing something wrong.

  I get the dialog box for name of the theme/skin and author's name. It
defaults to a crafty 0.2.3 version number. I press the "OK" botton and the
dialog box sits there and looks back at me. We stare at each other for a
while, and I try clicking the "OK" button again. Nada.

  Rather difficult to play around and see if I can put content in the holes
of the man page when I can't close the initial dialog box. I assume it's
user error, so if any of you have gone through this exercise before, please
suggest what I need to do.

Thanks,

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President