Observations on 3.8.16

Kurt Wall kwall at kurtwerks.com
Tue Apr 23 19:25:24 CEST 2002

Scribbling feverishly on April 23, Rich Shepard managed to emit:
> On 23 Apr 2002, Olivier Fourdan wrote:
>
> > Why not trying what I suggested ?
>
>   I've no objection, Olivier. Will it do anything different? I've rebuilt
> packages with the -build all option before and had no problems. According to
> "Maximum RPM" the -ba option will give me all packages rebuilt using the
> modified spec file.
>
>   Certainly, I'm not enough of a rpm guru to know if there's a difference.

Ed Bailey's _Maximum RPM_ is *way* out of date vis-a-vis current
releases of RPM. That shouldn't be an issue in this case, because
"rpm -ba blah.spec" should do what you want, but maybe there are
still bugs in it somewhere.

Kurt
--
It is now 10 p.m.  Do you know where Henry Kissinger is?
		-- Elizabeth Carpenter