Observations on 3.8.16

Spyros Tsiolis spytsi at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 23 16:53:07 CEST 2002

Hello,

>About the panel buttons and screen button colors, to the best of my
>knowledge this should work if you compile with --enable-old-style. Can
>somebody who actually uses the old style confirm this?

Indeed,
This is something that bugged me for a long time.
If the user gets the source tarball, he can use :

./configure --enable-old-style [some other options here] and the system
will come up with the wonderfull coloured workspace buttons .

Also, something else I wrote is the fact that you have to hunt down
older versions of the executables (xfwm, startxfce etc.) and replace
them with the newlly compiled one. Most of the time, they will be
sitting on /usr/bin and /usr/X11R6/bin