Observations on 3.8.16

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Apr 23 15:55:09 CEST 2002

  These are not complaints, but observations. Compared with the version I
had been running (3.7.1), the new one loads more slowly and changes to
/etc/X11/xfce/xfwmrc or ~/.xfce/xfwmrc may or may not be visible.

  I'm still stuck trying to get the window border buttons and the panel
icons to appear 3D instead of flat. The 'BitmappedButtons' option has no
effect. Panel buttons for the virtual desktops are all one color, rather
than picking them up from different palette selection buttons.

  Again, I'm not complaining as I've been happily running xfce for four
years or something like that. I'd only like to have the appearance back to
the way I like it.

Ciao,

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President