xfhelp

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Apr 20 04:50:56 CEST 2002

On Fri, 19 Apr 2002, Collins wrote:

> Put the export command in .bashrc on your home directory.  I presume
> you are running bash and not some wierd-ass shell?

   Commands entered in ~/.bashrc apply only to the initial terminal opened
when you log in. If you open another virtual terminal you don't have the
same environment.

  If you want the same environment regardless of when a terminal is opened,
put the commands in ~/.bash_profile.

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President

                       Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)