Upgrade broke display

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Apr 19 15:45:54 CEST 2002

On Fri, 19 Apr 2002, Jasper Huijsmans wrote:

> If you build from standard src.rpm the docs are in
> /usr/share/xfce/help/help.html, I think. The big (i) icon on the right side

  Ah! There they are. Thanks.

> I think BTW that Joe made RPMS with --enable-old-style for i386. Check the
> mail archive.

  We still run RH 6.2 (fully up to date with a lot of the newer packages
from RH 7.2 installed) so everything I update I do from the source package.
That's because we're still running the 2.2.19 kernel and glibc-2.1.3.

> Maybe the old style behaviour should be a runtime option instead of a
> compilation option in xfce 4.

  There's an idea! It was working fine for (at least some of) us. While I'm
not into eye candy at all, I just don't like the look of the new window
decorations. Too flat and intrusive. But, that's just me.

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President

                       Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
 + 1 503-667-4517 (voice) | + 1 503-667-8863 (fax) | rshepard at appl-ecosys.com