root menu via keyboard question

Eric Pierce eric_xfce at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 19 03:00:44 CEST 2002

Hello all,

I must state right off that I'm a keyboard shortcut
freak.  If I can do it w/o using a mouse, then I'm all
over it.

O.K.  On to my question.  When I bring up the root
menu (Alt F2), it becomes very cumbersome to use via
the keyboard because one must 'physically' move the
mouse position to whichever item one wishes to execute
(i.e., if there's a sub-menu I have to tap the right
arrow several times to get the mouse over to the
sub-menu's items).  Other window managers let me
scroll through the menu items with the arrow keys, and
the mouse plays no role in it (seems to be the
intuitive way about it).

It there a way to set this in xfwmrc (or somewhere) so
I can get the mouse out of the action?

Thanks in advance for any tips....
Eric