Upgrade broke display

Ing. Rafael de Jesús Fernández M. rafael at ipicyt.edu.mx
Fri Apr 19 03:40:55 CEST 2002

There seems to be a lot of confusion regarding xfce_setup and
xfce_upgrade. Isn't it possible to check the current version before
starting xfce? (that would eliminate the upgrade controversy).

The setup... hmmm... if invoked and no ~/.xfce is present, create it...

not sure if it's an easy way to implement it, I'm new to xfce and I
haven't gotten used to the code yet.

On Thu, 2002-04-18 at 18:41, Joe Klemmer wrote:

    On Thu, 2002-04-18 at 19:15, Rich Shepard wrote:

    >   I just upgraded from 3.3.7 to 3.8.16 by rebuilding the .src.rpm. Had to
    > tell rpm to ignore the falacious report that xscreensaver was missing,
    > because it's there (even if I don't use it).
    >
    >   Anyway, I no longer have my backdrop displaying, the buttons on the task
    > bar are all the same color, and bringing up the pallette doesn't seem to
    > have any effect on the displayed colors.
    >
    >   Also, there was no longer any ~/.xfbdrc, so I moved the old one back. I
    > see now that it wants a non-dot file in the new ~/.xfce, but ... the file
    > format has changed and the package manager didn't upgrade that during the
    > Freshen.
    >
    >   Suggestions and help solicitied.

    	Did you run xfce_upgrade as the user you log into?

    --
    Using Linux since 11/91		|		http://www.linux.org
    Linux user #29402		|		http://counter.li.org

Rafael Fernández M.  ::  DMASC  ::