request for feature removal

Jay Pfaffman pfaffman at relaxpc.com
Thu Apr 18 23:11:05 CEST 2002

Maybe Joe will like this one.

I'd really like Alt-Tab to open the window that one gets when
right-clicking on the desktop.  While alt is down, I'd like subsequent
tabs to move down the list of windows.  I'd like shift-alt-tab to move
back up.  When alt is released, I'd like the window that's currently
indicated to be raised.

I find the current alt-tab actions to be nice if I'm switching between
just a couple windows, but if I have many windows open it's very
difficult to read and comprehend the title to decide if it's the right
one.  It'd be nice to see the whole list, see that I need to hit X
more tabs and then move on.

It's possible to approximate this behavior using the arrow keys, but
if I wanted to use arrow keys all the time, I'd use Microsoft Word.

It would seem (and I'll admit now that I haven't looked at the code)
that this change would involve *removing* code since the stuff that's
currently bound to alt-tab wouldn't be needed anymore.  Surely be seen
as a Good Thing.

If there's some way to do this with currently, I'd appreciate hearing
about it.  I tried for a while, but couldn't figure out a way to do
it.

Jay Pfaffman                           pfaffman at relaxpc.com
+1-415-821-7507 (H)                    +1-415-810-2238 (M)
http://relax.ltc.vanderbilt.edu/~pfaffman/